Google Analytics is the most widely used website-statistics tracker. In particular, is a valuable tool that any business should use to gain invaluable information regarding their websites. This is equally powerful for wineries to see which wines people view the most or which website pages individuals are most interested in.
The information gained through Google Analytics is some of the most powerful and useful information you could possibly have access to.
Why Should You Have Google Analytics?
The long and short of it is that Google Analytics helps you figure out precisely what you’re doing wrong and what you’re doing right.
It is a detailed report that tells you about all the types of traffic on your website. This information is crucial to help you make decisions about your content.
You will get to know what type of individuals visit your website and what they do on your site. This is the insight that you can utilise to built and improve your website regularly. Additionally, you’re able to measure any tactics that you’ve been using on your website and see how efficient they were at getting visitors to your website.
What Information will Google Analytics Give you?
- Information on what tactics have been working
- The traffic and trends on your site
- Where your visitors are located
- What your visitors do once they are on your website
- The types of content/website pages that are the most popular
- Which search terms are visitors are using most
- How many people complete specific actions (like adding to cart or completing a purchase)
How To Set Up Your Account
- To get started, ensure you have a Google account set up (the same one used for Gmail.)
- Once complete, follow the easy, three-set signup process.
- The process will take you through several questions you have to fill in about your website, including your URL, time-zone etc.
- Once these steps are complete, you will get your Tracking ID. As the name implies, it will help you track all your data. These codes will have to be copied and pasted onto every page of your website. Conversely, if you have WordPress, use the Google Analytics Yoast plugin.
For a more in-depth look at how to complete the finer details of this process, take a look at The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics.
Getting started with this program is an easy process that only takes a couple of minutes. So take the time to get started with Google Analytics and get to know exactly who you’re attracting. You can also take a look at 3 Other Ways Technology Can Help Wineries With Operations.
At the same time, if you’re looking for more ways to expand your winery, why not try Troly’s Free 30-Day Trial, or book yourself a Demo? Troly uses technology to give your winery the edge it needs to stand out in this saturated industry!