With over 3,5 billion active social media accounts today, is your business genuinely making the most of these platforms?
In a recent article about Lessons Learnt Selling Wine over 2020, we took a look at the importance of social media. Considering the sheer number of users active every day, it is crucial to learn how to leverage social media for your business.
The benefits of social media go on and on: you’re able to build relationships, target a broader audience, use free advertising tools and create major brand awareness.
However, if you’re still unsure about what to do on these platforms, take a look at four things that you can implement that will have a long-term impact on your business.
Don’t Post to Promote; Post to Inform
One of the biggest mistakes that businesses make is centering all their posts around promotion.
Try to make your posts less about what you can get from your customers and think more about what you can give.
While you absolutely want to attract customers to your winery and promote your product, you want your posts to be more than that. Post more about helpful wine tips, wine pairing ideas, or information about viti-and-viniculture.
The rule of thumb is that 80% of your posts should be informative to the customer, while the remaining 20% are self-promotion posts.
The phrase seems almost tired, but it cannot be stated enough; consistency is key.
Posting consistently serves several purposes, all of which will offer significant long-term benefits.
One of the key reasons to post consistently is because it creates brand awareness. There is a lot of competition on social media. So you want to ensure that your brand is continuously seen on these platforms. When someone has to think of a great winery, you want to ensure your business is one of the first ones that come to mind.
Most social media experts suggest that three or four times a week is ideal. And although this might sound like a lot of additional work, there are excellent scheduling tools available. These scheduling tools will allow you to plan and schedule all your posts well in advance.
With all the information and content on social media lately, photos just don’t cut it anymore.
According to Marketing Charts, online video consumption has risen dramatically over the past few years. By the end of 2021, it is expected that the average person will watch 100 minutes of video a day.
Make sure that the business takes advantage of this and that you invest in quality videos.
These videos are ideal to use for the 20% of your promotional content. Invest in footage of your winery and vineyards. For wineries with a smaller budget, take time to record how your staff interact with the guests and pour the wine. There is so much room to use video to really make your winery stand out.
Interact with your followers
One of the most extraordinary things about social media is its accessibility to all your customers and potential customers. The platforms allow you to build relationships and establish a sense of trust in your business and product.
The way to do this is by responding to all reviews, comments, complaints, or private messages. Just keep in mind that all of those comments and your responses are out there for the world to see
If social media is still new, we have an entire article dedicated to Engaging with Customers Online. It is a great, affordable, and easy starting point for any business that will significantly boost the company in the long-run. So don’t waste any more time; ensure you’re getting started today!